This Post in galaxy551.wordpress.com by skilledchaos is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available on request
This is a simple guide to ClockworkMod 5.02.6 made for Galaxy 551 users .
Credits :Koushik Dutta creating ClockworkMod Recovery for android Devices
WillingMagic for porting Clockwork Mod Recovery to Samsung Galaxy 551
File name :
Froyo : Download Gingerbread : Download
The Downloads were removed by Willing Magic as he doesn’t support 551 …If you guys have any mirrors ,please inform me ..
You can install the Gingerbread 220.127.116.11 version by didy : Download
Installation :Dont use ROM Manager to install CWM .Currently ROM manager based install is not supported .You will ONLY HARD BRICK your Phone .
Download the relevant file and unzip it with winrar so you may get a .tar file like 18.104.22.168_CWM_recovery_Gingerbread.tar .
use Odin and Callisto.ops and use One Package Flash to install CWM .
Some Info about the recovery : It is based on kernel 22.214.171.124 and runs on 600 Mhz performance (Like CM). Busybox 1.19.1 _CM 7 is present in case you want to get your hands dirty .
The Recovery can be “installed” on any ROM but it cant only be used fruitfully with certain ROMs
All Stock ROMs and All Arkas (except one) are incompatible with the nandroid Restore and many other options.
You can backup those ROMs ;) but they wont be restored on CWM .(Plus it takes a large number of steps )
Fully Supported ROMs
CM builds of WillingMagic , Arkas 0.6-ext2 , Perseus X on ext4/2 ,Perseus XT4
Volume up and down (Navigation ) with centre(selection) and back(last menu) buttons
Arrow keys (navigation) with OK (selection) and bact (last menu) buttons
Reboot system :Boots in the system or Android system
Apply update from SD card : Quickly installs update.zip which is present in root folder of SD card to the system/data etc . It is used to install ROM ,patch it , make changes to file systems ,install custom script and so on .
wipe data/factory reset : Formats /data ,/cache/sd-ext to ext4
wipe cache partition :Formats /cache to ext4
install zip from sd card : Exactly Like update from sd card but it installs update from zip with any name located in any folder in SD card .Pretty handy when you have more than one zip
backup and restore :
- backup backs /system,/data,/sd-ext,kernel image ,recovery image ,/sdcard/.android-secure (GB/Froyo a2sd) .
- It wont backup radio(amss_phone) or bootloader
- restore will give you the exact system as you had backed up .
- Advanced restore can be used if you want only one particular thing like /data or /system or kernel to be restored .
mounts and storage :can be used to mount /system,/data,/cache and /sd-ext so you access them via adb shell . You can also format them to ext4 according to your liking .
- reboot recovery : It will reboot recovery
- Wipe Dalvik Cache : Will wip all the Dalvik Cache .useful when an app is corrupted .
- Wipe Battery Stats : Will Caliberate our battery .Remember ,do this only on 100 p.c battery
- Key test : Will test all keys of your keyboard and phone .nice to actually test faulty keys .
- Show log : It will show the entire log
- Partition SD Card : It will create a Second SD card ext partition with 128M,256M,512M,1024M,2048M,4096M and third SD card partition 0M,32M,64M,128M,256M
- Fix Permissions : It will fix the permissions of system .
While using nandroid restore ,keep atleast 60 p.c battery in phone .
SD card partitioning will remove all your data in SD card so be sure to make an backup on computer .
Remove Battery stats : Keep you phone charged and remove it .
If your app has force closes ,removing Dalvik-Cache helps
After installing ROM and installing basic day-to day apps ,making nandroid backup will make your life easier .
Make a folder named 1zip in sdcard (/sdcard/1zip) .Place all the nandroid zips in that folder .That way you can navigate and easily use install zip option.
Help ,Support and Troublehooting :
Since this is not my creation all doubts ,bugs and help should be asked in the google group .